Sunday, November 18, 2012

Some foods

As promised, I've been documenting the good things I've been eating. Some I've made myself and some I've bought at a variety of restaurants. 

This is a panini, brought to you by my good friend George Foreman. At least his grill. It's got caramelized onions, peppers, pesto, turkey, sharp cheddar, arugula and apples.

White cheddar and kale mac and cheese. This was mostly Sarah but I helped/saved it so I'm claiming it as my own. Plus, the croutons were my idea. Win!

Here's a Korean BBQ/tator tot mash up from the food trunks one night. 

There is food at every meeting in pod school. The practice management club was catered by my new favorite fast food joint, Pollo Tropical. Chicken, beans and rice, salad, plantain. 

Roommie breakfast frittata. Basically every vegetable in our fridge ended up in there.

Sushi from Rice Asian House. It's really good and the shrimp was WAY too big for me to eat in one bite. (I usually have Joe eat the ends)

Toasted coconut ice cream from Kilwin's. Well worth the $4 for a tiny scoop.

Toasted ravioli I made from my pinterest board. They turned out really well and were actually better the next day, straight from the fridge.

Here's a cute little organic restaurant we like called Julio's. It's hit or miss for me, but I LOVE their hummus platter. (No pic. We always eat it before I remember to snap a pic.)

This is the quinoa with avo.

My sandwich was homemade crusty bread with all sorts of veggies. And bean sprouts. I don't know why I've never thought of that.

Sometimes you just have to go with a favorite. Luau salad from Cheesecake Factory. Much better in the restaurant than take out, but I'm just bitter that I had to park halfway around the mall to pick it up.

Clam linguine and kale salad. Jeni and Sarah learned how to make it at a Groupon cooking class and it's incredibly good.   
Sarah in the foreground, Jeni in the back. Starting the linguine.


My first (and possibly last) time eating oxtails. It's an actual tail with muscle and fat and cartilage all around the vertebra. It's a little strange since I don't like sinew. Or working for my food.

Truffle oil mac and cheese from the food trucks. Very good. 

Yock-a-mein soup from the Creole stand at Green Yellow farmer's market. 

Crawfish etouffee from the same stand. Oh my.

Just a stirfry. It was stir-Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment