Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Warrior


I have cool roommates who do really cool things, to which they invite me. This weekend we went to a painting class and out for Korean food. 

This is a masterpiece already.




 
This place is called "Paints and Cocktails." They highly encourage drinking while taking the class.  I think it helps people accept that they can't paint like Van Gogh. I drank water from my water bottle but I think people assumed I had a really strong cocktail.  

I like to keep 'em guessing. 



The studio is really cute and bright.  With a really cute and bright English artist walking us through the process.

It's next to the liquor store.  Apparently, the painting class gets discounts.

See? We're done!

I actually ate a bite of this raw steak and raw egg combo.  Thinking about it still freaks me out. 
Here's my daeji tofujigae, a soup with pork and tofu, zucchini, onions... and whatever else is in there.

Just a snapshot of the menu for fun.


Almost done.

Obviously, this is out of order but I don't know how to fix that yet. Bear with me.





So, yeah. I painted a thing that I don't want to hang on my wall and ate some food I'm glad I tried, but wouldn't order again. Not bad for one weekend. I took a very yoga approach to the whole thing. I kept telling myself that whatever I could do was enough and everyone was there for different reason.  Next week - 5K! (Walk, not run)

No comments:

Post a Comment